Djurgårdsfärjan in the Old Town
Djurgårdsfärjan operates 12 months a year but the timetable is more frequent during the summer period. The first ferry normally leaves the Old Town at 06:40 in the morning (weekdays) and the last at 24:00 (weekdays). The ferry travels between the Old Town and Djurgården and the journey takes approx. 15 minutes.
The ticket is the standard Stockholm Public transportation ticket that are valid for buses and the Subway. Please note that the ticket has to be purchased before entering the ferry at any of the following places:
- Buy the ticket at the Ferry office
- Buy the ticket at the Subway station
- Buy the ticket at a Public transportation (SL) office
- Download and use the SL app for iOS or Android
- Get a SL Access card and charge it at the Subway station or at a SL office
- Use a Smart Phone ticket
At the ferries you can bring your bicycle with you without any extra cost if space is available after all passengers has come aboard. You find the ferry terminal marked on the map below. The word Djurgårdsfärjan means in translation "The Animal farm ferry".