LAT = 59.325856, LONG = 18.065794
Info about the House of Nobility in the Old Town
The House of Nobility at Riddarhustorget 10 (see the map below) is open for visitors. Please use the Web Site button above for the House of Nobility Web Site and up-to-date information about open hours etc. Please note that the open hours for public visitors are normally very short and an admission fee is charged.
The House of Nobility was erected with start in 1641 and the first architect was Simon de la Vallée who is also regarded as the first professional architect in Sweden. The construction work went on for more than 133 years and the final parts of the House of Nobility (the north pavilions) was finished in 1870.
A video about the House of Nobility and its history (Swedish only).
The first concerts in Stockholm were hold in the House of Nobility by Johan Helmich in 1731 who performed "Brookes passion" by George Frideric Handel. This traditon continues and during a normal year there are a number of concerts performed in the Great Hall. The House of Nobility is also open for genealogy research.